Abyssal Ascension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape 3 Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lore with Nor': Freneskae

Go down 

What do you look forward to the most about Fate of the Gods?
The lore...I must see it with my own eyes.
Lore with Nor': Freneskae I_vote_lcap0%Lore with Nor': Freneskae I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I want to explore Freneskae. It's gonna look so cool!
 0% [ 0 ]
It's something I must do in order for my lord Zaros to return.
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm going to check out the music on this one, I heard it's the bomb!
 0% [ 0 ]
The rewards of course, as you always look for in quests. And those abilities...
 0% [ 0 ]
Eh, I could take it or leave it. Can't say that I'm bothered all that much.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
noriack
Clan Member
Clan Member
noriack

Lore with Nor': Freneskae Empty
PostSubject: Lore with Nor': Freneskae   Lore with Nor': Freneskae Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 am

Hello clan folks this is Lore with Nor' for another week of lore chat. But first, let me explain why there are duplicates last time. I accidentally pressed send and canceled it (or though i did) because I forgot the poll Razz. anyway I proceeded on making the poll, sending that version, and finding out that I posted both versions. Now that you know, you can ignore the one without the poll posted on.

But I digress. Let us focus on the subject of this week. A hard pressed decision, given the explosion of new content, it was none to simple to decide on whether to implore the fate of the dragon riders still left open, or to delve into some more recent content revealed by mahjarrat memories about the infernal realm or the origins of the Kharidian desert, or implore the return of Zaros (though to be fair my last entry was sort of his background, so I believe he has enough of the spotlight for now). Eventually, after seeing the (2nd) Behind The Scenes video on Fate of the Gods, I decided to look today upon this newest, and perhaps the most hardcore area in the world of Runescape to this day, even though it's not out yet; the mahjarrat home world Freneskae.

Freneskae is a volcanic world strewn with ash and brimstone, where spires of mountains appear to claw their way to the gray skies above. Molten rock spew from raw crevasses, winds bellow toxic gasses, and even lightning dances across the scarred earth. You could barely walk with being scathed from the hazards abound, and would have to tread lightly or perish within a moment's thought. At least, that's what I gathered from the last Behind The Scenes video. After showing some snippets of their newly designed area, they put much emphasis on the hostility on this new area, where just being in this area could seal your demise. They wanted the player to fight his way through the environment, scouring the area for places to take cover, avoiding the worst of what is thrown at them, and make them breath heavily when they finally return to the world of Gilenor.

When looking upon this world, so much about the mahjarrat is explained; how they are so strong and powerful, how they are so harsh and violent, how they devote an unwavering. They are this way because they have to be, lest they crumble upon Freneskae's ground ages ago. Even as steadfast as they are, their survival was a struggle, and no more than a few hundred existed at a time, documented on a few of the  pages given by Kharasi, Bilrach's in particular. He spites how 'soft' their race has become while living in Gilenor, as the magiks that makes them lords of this world were what barely made them living in Freneskae. He even mentioned those of other rival races, described as the mahserrat and the chelon-mah.

And of course, let us not forget the ritual of rejuvination. However, this ritual was for a different purpose. While in Gilenor, the energy was sent from the sacrifice to the other mahjarrat, the sacrificial energy if Freneskae went to somewhere, by which I mean someone, different. I speak of Mother Mah, who I believe is not just a godess, but a creator, one of the coveted Elder Gods. And not one of the more reasonable of them either. According to Wahisietel's memory, it appears that, although she may not be fully believed in by the mahjarrat, that she may be the reason for Freneskae's most disastrous of climates at the very least, and in order to cease the upcoming calamity, rituals are performed. For instance, should Mother Mah be dreaming, an entire swarm of musphas could lay siege upon the tribes, and a ritual of rejuvination is performed to rouse her. Likewise, should she be furious, earthquakes will erupt, and another ritual known as the ritual of enervation (apparently a breeding ritual) is performed to calm her.

Things change however. As documented in both Bilrach's and Wahisietel's memories, events too place to the day they entered Gilenor. Although sightings of the eluding musphas grew less, the ritual of rejuvination continued on Freneskae, leading to a more political rather than religious purpose. Furthermore, the arrival of Icthlarin and Amascut brought the implications of leaving this world. After an evenly divided debate, the final decisions of Azzanadra and another known as Temekel, and the following death of one known as Salisard and sacrifice of another known as Abrogal, they decided to leave Freneskae. This supposably angered this Mother Mah, sending a volcanic eruption like none other. With little time to perform another ritual, the mahjarrat and the Karidian deities abandoned Freneskae, thus was the last of Freneskae ever seen.

And in a matter of few days from now, since before the dawn of the God Wars, the World Gate will open to you the world of Freneskae. A world with no empathy for the weak. A world where chaos rules supreme. A world... where coming face to face with Zaros himself is the least of your worries......

It is here that I end this topic. From here, I will embrace for what may be the very best quest ever to lay waste upon Runescape. I hope those who read this are doing the same, whether it be for the actual lore, the game play throughout the quest, the music, the scenery, the voices, or even the rewards (I smell some new combat abilities coming up  Wink ). The anticipation should have a death grip upon us all.

But until then, ...
Cya Laters
Back to top Go down
noriack
Clan Member
Clan Member
noriack

Lore with Nor': Freneskae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore with Nor': Freneskae   Lore with Nor': Freneskae Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:52 pm

Actually, if I could have a moment more of your time I found something else rather peculiar while watching the Behind The Scenes videos....and before you ask it's not he oddly inserted image with the large guy pointing to the words "Eat Um Up" at 2:10 -_- . No, while scrolling through those types of comments, I found people mentioning something else at 1:50, which I looked into and saw this image of Freneskae...

...which included what some people speculated to be an alter to Seren?!

I for one find this to be a rather brash interpretation, for what business would Seren or any of the elven folk have on Freneskae? Furthermore, Seren, as she is seen to me, is a little like Guthix in that she doesn't relish in praise and worship, and that her followers understand that. Therefore, they wouldn't seem to be interested in creating any alter anywhere, let alone the mahjarrat home world.

But as they say later in the video, come in with an open mind. Whether it's relevant or not, that spot does seem a tad bit different from the rest of the environment. Although it might not be an alter so to speak, it does bear a symbol uncanny to Seren's, as well as a crystal similar to those of the elves. For all we know Seren could have a much major roll in this quest than previously imagined, or something even bigger; after all, the 200th quest is planned not in Zaros's name, but in her's. Still, the whole thing seems skeptical.

Anyway, it's only a matter of days now until we find out for sure...or raise even more questions.
Back to top Go down

Lore with Nor': Freneskae
Page 1 of 1